A new telemedicine industry benchmark survey, published by REACH Health, reveals the state of the industry and where it’s headed. Respondents include healthcare executives, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals in various organizations with revenues varying from under $50 million to over $1 billion. Read more
In an open letter last Friday, October 14, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), announced the finalized policies for implementing the new Medicare Quality Payment Program (QPP). Although the rule takes effect on January 1, 2017, several components will be phased in over the next few years to give physicians time to adjust accordingly. Many of the policies have been updated from the previous proposal in response to feedback from clinicians across the country. Read more
When it comes to combining personal health with the convenience of mobile devices, what do smartphone users really want? A recent study suggests that people want to be fully engaged online, including accessing their health records and communicating with their healthcare providers—all from their phones and tablets. It’s a great idea in theory, but can everything actually fit into one application? Read more
A few articles came out this week that I that I feel underscore the need for providers – both large hospital systems and private practices – need to get off their collective derrières and start implementing HIT and Telemedicine.
Thankfully, we are going to provide them valuable advice to help make this happen later in this piece. However, let’s start with a brief discussion of some of this week’s materials.
In a piece Read more
There was a nice little write-up by John Lynn at the EMR & HIPAA site about Revolve Robotics‘ Kubi robot. Although we weren’t the focus of the article, there was a nice paragraph about needing swyMed for Kubi’s healthcare applications due to being HIPAA compliant while still having Kubi controls baked in.
Please click here to read the entire article.
- Adoption of Telemedicine (38)
- American Telemedicine Association (18)
- Announcement (14)
- Behavioral Health (7)
- case study (4)
- Home health (13)
- Interoperability (3)
- mHealth (40)
- Mobile Video Collaboration (19)
- Press Releases (8)
- Reimbursement (13)
- Secure Video Collaboration (37)
- swyMed (55)
- TeleHealth (97)
- TeleMedicine (142)
- Uncategorized (24)
- NBC News Affiliate Highlights swyMed’s Mobile Telehealth SolutionNovember 15, 2017 - 4:32 pm
- Microsoft & SwyMed improve health outcomes by connecting remote patients with specialistsSeptember 6, 2017 - 8:51 am
- Supermarkets Sprout Telemedicine KiosksMarch 16, 2018 - 4:03 pm
- Anthem Begins EMS Reimbursements, Even without TransportMarch 8, 2018 - 12:57 pm
- New Insights from Healthcare Execs on Telemedicine AdoptionMarch 1, 2018 - 3:10 pm